Dr. Paul G. Ruff IV is a plastic surgeon affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital, Suburban Hospital, MedStar Washington Hospital Center and Georgetown University Hospital, where he serves as assistant professor of clinical plastic surgery for the School of Medicine. Dr. Ruff is board certified in plastic surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and general surgery by the American Board of Surgery. He practices out of West End Plastic Surgery, located in Washington, D.C., of which he is the founder.
Dr. Ruff has expertise in breast reconstruction and body contouring.
Dr. Ruff earned his medical degree from Eastern Virginia Medical School. He completed residencies in general surgery and surgical critical care at Washington Hospital Center, where he served as chief administrative resident. Dr. Ruff went on to complete a fellowship in plastic surgery at the University of California, San Diego Medical Center, where he earned the Chairman’s Prize. During his education, Dr. Ruff volunteered his time to help cleft lip and palate patients at Operation Smile and accompanied the InterfaceUCSD medical mission group on eight trips to Mexico, performing reconstructive procedures on children in underserved areas. Dr. Ruff currently works with The Future of Nicaragua Foundation and founded Wrinkle Erase for the Cause, a non-profit event that raises money for breast cancer research.
Dr. Ruff has been named a Top Doctor by Consumers’ Checkbook magazine. He was awarded the Gould Award from Washington Hospital Center.
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
Awards and Honours
- Winner Washington, D.C. Chapter of the American College of Surgeons Section on Trauma Resident Paper Competition, 1996
- Chief Administrative Resident, Washington Hospital Center Department of Surgery, 1998-1999
- Edward Alva Gould Senior House Officer Award for Excellence Washington Hospital Center 1999
- UCSD Department of Surgery Chairman’s Prize, 2001
- Washingtonian Magazine Top Doctors since 2005
- Northern Virginia Top Doctors 2007
- Consumers Check Book Top Doctors 2007,2011
- Best Doctors in America 2008-2010
- Featured in New Beauty Magazine, 2007-2008
- Future of Nicaragua Foundation Spirit of Giving Award 2012
- The Noelle Soderberg-Evans Award for Philanthropy November 2012